Simple Procedure to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
QuickBooks is world’s top accounting software, trusted by millions of business owners in managing their business. It’s highly innovative software but like different other software this ace accounting software also gets few errors and issues. One of the most common errors which QuickBooks users often face is QuickBooks Error 6144 82. Often, this error arises when we try to open a company file used by a different application.
This blog post aims to provide you step by step instructions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82. However, if you are seeking quick help then you may consult Experts at our site.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
One or more of the following can be symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
- QuickBooks Error code 6144 82 will crash any open application.
- Your system may crash with QB Error 6144 82 while running the similar program.
- Windows run sluggish and response time of Windows slows down.
- Your computer may freeze several times.
Why QB Error Message 6144 82 Arises?
- Due to corrupt download of QuickBooks.
- Usually, this error arises while installing any program and QuickBooks is open in the background.
- At the time you open your computer or shutting it down.
- It may also arise when installing the operating system on your computer.
Reasons Of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
One or more of the following can lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
- Partial download or wrongly installed QuickBooks.
- Corruption in registry resulted from installation or uninstallation of any program.
- The computer has virus or malware.
- The malicious software may have removed some of the necessary QuickBooks or Windows files.
- Few other computer program has deleted some significant QuickBooks or Windows files.
- Maybe the hard disk or RAM of your computer is damaged and caused loss of files & data.
- A latest change in network setting triggered errors.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
Solution 1: Fix Registry Entries connected to this error
Apply this step only if you are an advanced computer user. Wrong registry editing can cause irreversible harm to your computer. We suggest you to take support from a computer expert or It Professionals.
Solution 2: Perform an entire malware and virus scan on your system
Virus or malware infection can lead to this error on your computer. These are malicious files which can harm, corrupt and remove necessary files for example Run-time Errors related files. Removing this malicious software and files may resolve the error.
Solution 3: Clean your system junk with Disk Cleanup
Your system may gather junk files from daily internet surfing and use of computer. QuickBooks Accounting Software may go sluggish or obtain error 6144 82 if junks files are not cleaned regularly.
These files at times conflict with different other files and applications and may also overload hard disk.
Eradicating these temp files can not only help you to do away with error 6144 82 but also improve your system’s speed.
Solution 4: Keep your Computer Device Drivers updated
Outdated or corrupt device drivers may also cause error 6144 82. By updating system drivers you can keep them from abruptly stop working or featuring other problems. However, installing an incorrect driver may further increase your issues and finding the right driver is not simple task thus we suggest you to get in touch with an expert.
Solution 5: Undo entire recent system changes using Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore helps you undo the recent changes made on your computer. This step itself may resolve multiple issues, comprising error 6144 82 caused by recent changes.
- Tap windows key (start button).
- Enter “System Restore” in the search box and click ‘ENTER‘.
- Choose System Restore.
- If prompted, write administrator password.
- Follow the commands in the Wizard to reach a restore point.
- Restore your syatem.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks program
If error 6144 82 is caused by a particular program, reinstalling QuickBooks associated program can help.
- Tap start and Open Programs and Features.
- Open Control Panel.
- Tap Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Find program connected to QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 below the Name column.
- Choose QuickBooks-associated entry.
- Tap the Uninstall on the top menu bar.
- Follow the instructions which appear on your screen directions to finish the uninstallation of QuickBooks Error 6144 82-associated program.
Solution 7: Run Windows System File Checker (sfs/scannow)
System File Checker is a handy Windows tool which helps you scan corruption in Windows system files.
Here is process to run System File Checker:
- Tap the Start button.
- Enter “command” in the search box (nut don’t press enter).
- Click CTRL and Shift keys simultaneously on your keyboard and press ENTER.
- A permission dialog box will arise.
- Tap Yes.
- A black box will arise with a blinking cursor.
- Enter “sfc /scannow” in the box and click ENTER.
- System File Checker will begin scanning for Error 6144 82 and other system file issues (this may take numerous minutes).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 8: Examine and install entire Windows Updates available for your system
Occasionally resolving your run-time error like error 6144 82 can be as easy as updating Windows.
Here is how you can examine windows updates:
- Tap the “Start” button.
- Enter “update” in the search box and click “ENTER“.
- The “Windows Update” dialog box will arise.
- Tap the Install Updates button.
Solution 9: Run a clean installation of your Windows:
This step will clean all from your computer and you will have to start afresh. This is the last option in your endeavor to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82. It will also remove entire junk collected in your computer through your regular use of computer.
Hopefully you would have resolved QuickBooks Error 6144 82. In case of trouble, don’t hesitate to consult experts available at our site Uspcsolutions for assistance.