Occasionally when users install McAfee Software they receive an error message 1406. And it arises because of partial installation of software file and damaged files. But bother not; easily you can troubleshoot McAfee Error 1406.
Simply go through the underneath steps; and if required then Contact McAfee Customer Help Number instantly.
Solution 1: – Run Software Application as an Administrator
- Initially run software application as an Administrator.
- Go to download folder, from here open .exe file of McAfee software.
- Right click to McAfee application .exe file.
- Tap on “Run as administrator” option.
- Follow on screen commands to install McAfee software.
Examine that error has been fixed if not then move to next step.
Solution2: – Perform Clean Boot
You require to perform clean boot and re-install software using underneath steps.
For Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Click to “Search” button.
- Write “msconfig”, later click on msconfig.
- Click to “General” tab, click to “Selective Startup” option afterwards click on “Clear the Load startup items”
- Then click on “Services” tab later click to ‘Hide all Microsoft services options. And now “Disable all” option.
- From “task manager”, choose “Startup” tab. Later select each Startup item and click on “Disable”.
- Shut “Task Manager” and in “Startup” tab of the “System Configuration dialog box”.
- Click to “OK” and later “Restart” option.
Solution 3: – Provide complete Permission to Software
- Go to “Search” tab, and enter “Regedit”. Click to “Enter” button.
- While Registry Editor opens, go to left side to check the list of locations allowed in the error status bar. Examine that location in the error starts with Software\.
Then find following location”
- After discovery final location, open the folder that is available in left side list; afterwards click to “Permission”.
- Choose “Administrators group” and click below “Allow Checkbox”.
- Choose “SYSTEM” group and check that “Full Control” is chosen below the “Allow column”.
- In “Permissions” dialog box, click to “Advanced” tab.
- Reach to “Owner” tab and choose “Administrators group” now tick to checkbox “Replace Owner on Sub containers and Objects”. Then click to “OK”.
- Click to “Permissions” tab, later choose option “Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object”
- Tap on “OK” and then shut the window.
- Finally try to reinstall software again.
Chat with experts available on our site for Assistance:
In case if the issue still persists, then don’t hesitate to consult Expert available at our toll-free. The professionals available on our site Uspcsolution are knowledgeable enough to assist you in best way possible.