Complete Procedure To Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline Error
Brother printers are quite well-known for their printing quality and speed. However, just like other devices, Brother printers also face a range of technical issues out of which the most common is when your Brother printer keeps going offline. If the Brother printer offline issue keeps annoying you, then the following guide will come in handy.
Thus let us know how to get a Brother printer from offline to online. Here we go:
Major Causes Of Brother Printer Offline:
If your Brother printer keeps going offline frequently, then you will not be able to print any document. The Brother printer offline issue can occur because of several reasons. Few of the most common reasons why is your Brother printer offline have been mentioned below:
- Interruption in Wi-fi connectivity
- Harm of USB internet cable
- Corrupted printer driver
- Brother printer is on ‘Sleep mode’
- Overdue Print queues on your device
There can be several other reasons as to why your Brother printer keeps going offline. Irrespective of the types of causes you can always resolve them.
Troubleshooting Tips to get rid of Brother Printer Offline Issue
Before proceeding into the detailed methods when your Brother printer says offline, it is better to initially get familiar with some simple troubleshooting tips.
1. Check the Internet Connection: If you are losing your internet connectivity every few minutes, then it is feasible that a poor internet connection is a reason for your Brother printer keeps going offline. You are recommended to reconnect your device with a strong network.
2. Check the Network Settings: Firstly, disable the network settings as many of the routers have a timeout cycle in which they close a port because it has been used for some time. If you disable the settings and reset the settings you may not confront such issues.
3. Power Off & On: Switch off your operating system and leave it for a moment and switch it on again. This will possibly fix many problems along with brother printer keeps going offline.
Once you follow one or more tips from the above you will notice the issue is changed. In case, it does not and you yet want to know how to get a Brother printer from offline to online, read the underneath detailed solutions.
How to Remove Brother Printer Offline Issue?
If you are obtaining an error message which says that the Brother printer keeps going offline, then you might not be able to print any printouts.
Do you wish to know how to get a Brother printer from offline to online mode? Here are the top and most effective solutions.
Install latest Brother Printer & Reset IP Address
One the most feasible cause why your Brother printer keeps going offline is the incorrect IP address. To get rid of this error and change the status of your printer to online, install the latest firmware and configure the IP address. Follow the underneath steps to confirm that you are in the right direction.
- Open your Windows 10 operating system and open the ‘My PC’ folder
- Now go to the ‘Network’ and double-click on it to open it
- Select the second tab which is ‘Printers’ and right-click on the same and choose the option of Update Software’ to resolve the Brother printer offline Windows 10 issue
- You will notice two options. Click on the ‘Machine Update’ among them and click the ‘Exit’ button
- To guarantee that the Brother printer is connected correctly, choose the ‘Brother Printer’ by its model name and click on ‘Ok’
- Now set ‘English’ as the ‘Language’. Check the ‘Title’ and then click the ‘Transfer’
- A confirmation notice will arise on your screen. Tap on ‘Start’ and the firmware will begin transferring the files and updating the software at the same time.
The users are suggested not to interrupt the procedure while the software is updating. Once the software is updated, set up the right IP address to confirm that the brother printer says offline Windows 10 status changes to online.
- Open the ‘Printers’ section and click on the option ‘Add Printers’
- Select the option of ‘Add a printer using IP address’ and click on ‘Next’
- Then, find out the right IP address of your Brother printer and enter the ‘Port Name’ as well
- Once the accurate IP address has been entered, click on ‘Next’ and ‘OK.
If you yet could not deal with the error, follow the other solution mentioned below.
Delete The entire Print Jobs and Re-install The Brother Printer And Resolve Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
Another method to deal with Brother printer says offline is the cancellation of all print jobs sent to the printer, and then the uninstallation of the printer. Then, follow the underneath steps and deal with the Brother printer offline issue in a jiffy.
- Open your device and go to ‘Control Panel’ and choose the tab of ‘All Control Panel Items’
- Then open the ‘Devices and Printers’ and drop down the option ‘Printer’
- Click the button of ‘Cancel All Documents’ and go back to the folder and right-click on the name of the printer
- Choose the option of ‘Remove the device’ and leave the procedure till the Brother printer uninstalls
- Then, add the Brother printer back to the computer manually by entering the accurate IP address of the Brother printer.
After canceling the pending print tasks and reinstalling the Brother printer software by following the above mentioned steps, if your Brother printer says offline, then this issue will be solved. Don’t forget to reboot your operating system to start your device fresh.
Disable SNMP Settings to Resolve Brother Printer Offline Mac
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) protocol is used to implement more security and few additional operations in the connection. Disabling SNMP settings may resolve any printer issues along with the ‘Brother printer says offline’ issue. Now follow the underneath steps and disable the feature to get rid of the issue.
- Open your Apple Macbook Air system and open the ‘Apple Menu’ then, choose the ‘Devices’
- Double-click on ‘Printers and Fax’ to open it and proceed yourself towards the name of your printer
- Right-click on the printer software and choose the ‘Properties’ option and further, select the ‘Ports’
- Below the ‘Port Settings’ section, navigate yourself towards the end and ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ option and uncheck the option and click the button of ‘Ok’
Once you complete applying all the steps and click the button of ‘Ok’, the changes you made will be changed. Now, the problem will also be resolved. We recommend you to restart your device once to start afresh.
In case, this solution couldn’t help you, proceed to the next solution.
Set The Printer As Default And Resolve Brother Printer Offline
A printer labeled as a ‘Default Printer’ is the one where the device automatically sends all its jobs without you having to pick them. Setting the printer as default is one of the easiest methods to deal with any printer issue. Hence, follow the underneath steps one by one and set your printer as default and resolve the Brother wireless printer offline issue on Windows 7.
- Open the Windows operating system and press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys simultaneously.
- Enter ‘Control’ in the blank space and click the ‘Enter’ button. ‘Control Panel’ folder will open automatically.
- Open the ‘Device and Printers’ from the available options and find your Brother printer.
- Right-click on the Brother printing device and below the ‘See what’s printing’ section click on the ‘Set as default printer’.
After setting your printer as default, reboot your device and check if the Brother printer offline issue has been resolved by trying to print a document. If not, go to the next troubleshooting method.
Disable Antivirus Software And eliminate Brother Printer keeps Going Offline
An overprotective antivirus software can also be the cause why Brother printer keeps going offline. At times, few antivirus software adds an extra firewall layer on Windows and monitors entire incoming and outgoing data. This changes the status to offline and also stops the printer from performing printing task.
Follow the underneath simple to execute steps and disable the antivirus software to get rid of the Brother printer offline issue.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ and open the ‘Settings’ folder
- Go to ‘Update and Security’ folder and find the folder of ‘Windows Security’ and click on the ‘Virus and Threat Protection’ section
- Here will be the installed ‘Antivirus’ program, right-click on the software & choose the ‘Real-time Protection’
- Turn off the ‘Real-time Protection’ the users should know that the antivirus will still scan the device but will not interrupt the printing jobs to be done.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, check whether the Brother printer keeps going offline issues have been solved or not. In case if issue still persists then simply consult brother experts at Uspcsolutions for guidance.